Agriculture is the profession that feeds the world and that is why the farmers now a days are referred to as “ANNADATA” i.e., giver of food. It won’t be incongruous to mention that the requirement of food increases every year owing to the ever increasing population. The onus of producing food grains lies with the farmers and the primary function of the department of Agriculture is to assist the farmers in their endeavour to produce more food grains and Agro-industrial raw materials. The department supports the farmers in various ways through centrally sponsored schemes and schemes of State Annual Development Agenda under which various types of Agricultural inputs required by the farmers, like genuine planting material, HYV Seeds, Agro Chemicals, Organic fertilizer, tools and implements, Farm Machineries at Subsidized rate are made available apart from providing them technical know-how from time to time.
Administrative set up:-
- Deputy Director Agriculture – 01 No.
- Assistant Director Agriculture, Nari – 01 No.
- Agriculture Development Officer (HQ) – 04 Nos.
- Agriculture Development Officer, Seren – 01 No.
- Agriculture Development Officer, Nari – 01 No.
- Agriculture Development Officer, Ruksin – 01 No.
- Agriculture Development Officer, Sille-Oyan – 01 No.
- Agriculture Development Officer, Bilat – 01 No.
- Agriculture Development Officer, Koyu – 01 No.
- Assistant Research Officer – 02 Nos.
- Senior Statistical Assistant – 01 No.
- Assistant Marketing Inspector – 03 Nos.
- Agriculture Field Assistant (Senior) – 41 Nos.
- Agriculture Field Assistant (Junior) – 48 Nos.
- Upper Division Clerk – 01 No.
- Lower Division Clerk – 03 Nos.
- Bulldozer Operator – 01 No.
- Driver – 03 Nos.
- Tractor Operator – 02 Nos.
- Power Tiller Operator – 04 Nos.
- Handyman – 01 No.
- Office Peon – 06 Nos.
- Chowkidar – 01 No.
- Casual Typist – 01 No.
- Casual Computer Operator – 01 No.
- Casual workers – 13 Nos.
Ongoing schemes under department of Agriculture, East Siang District:-
- Hon’ble Chief Minister’s Agriculture Farm Mechanization Programme
- Agriculture Employment Generation Programme (AEGP)
- Tea and Rubber Cultivation under CM Mission Mode Project
- National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture(NMSA)
- National Mission on Oil Seeds and Oil Palm(NMOOP)
- National Food Security Mission (NFSM)
- Mission Organic Value Chain Development(MOVCD)
- Rastriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY)
- Paramparagat Krishi Vikash Yojana
- State Annual Development Agenda(SADA)