The Veterinary Training Institute (VTI), the erstwhile School of A.H. & Veterinary Science, set up in 1982 on a 170 acres of land at 2-Mile, Pasighat at the Pasighat-Jonai Road (NH-52A) is the premier institute of the A.H. & Veterinary Department of the State for veterinary education and training and it has the following objectives.
- To conduct one-year Training for the State’s untrained paraveterinarians wherein they are given the training on knowledge and skill development in animal husbandry and veterinary practices.
- To impart short-term training on Artificial Insemination in livestock to paraveterinarians.
- To continuously develop veterinary professionals in various disciplines.
- To provide information and advice on specific management and disease control programmes to livestock farmers for augmenting livestock production.
- To provide basic information for co-operation with national organizations concerned with veterinary education, research and training.
- To maintain Fodder Farm and Livestock Demonstration Farm, and to generate revenue through sale of milk.
|4||Asstt. Vet (AV)||03|
|5||Fodder Supervisor (FS)||01|
|1||Type-V (01 No.)||For JD, VTI|
|2||Type –IV (03 Nos.)||For Instructors|
|3||Type-III (03 Nos.)||For Instructors|
|4||Type-II (08 Nos.)||For Group ‘C’ staff|
|5||Type- I (04 Nos.)||For Group ‘D’ staff.|
|6||Labour Barrack (03 units)||For Contg. Staff|
|7||Trainees Hostel (02 Nos.)||For trainees|
|Non- Residential Building:-|
|1||Administrative Office Building||It has various sections wherein all official works are carried out. The Instructors Rest Room, Class Room, Library, Laboratory, Medicine, etc. rooms are attached to this building.|
|2||Livestock Demo-cum Dairy farm||Comprised of 07 Sheds|
|3||Fodder Farm||Comprised of Perennial Grass Land of Napier, Congo Signal and local fodder trees; Seasonal Fodder Plots for maize cultivation; and Permanent Grazing Land of wild trees, bushes and grasses.|
|Financial Year||Revenue Deposited (Amount in Rs.)||Stockman trained (Number)|
Cattle stock position as on 05/03/2018 (HF, Sahiwal & Jersey Cross)
- Cow – 38 Nos.
- Heifer – 29 Nos.
- B/Bull – 01 No.
- Calf – 06 Nos
- Total – 74 Nos.
Fodder Farm :-
Perennial and seasonal green fodder like Napier, Congo signal and maize cultivated are fed to the farm cattle.